NETHERTON, HUDDERSFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRE
Terms and Conditions
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
1.1 For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
1.2 You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor. Please read chapter 17 for full terms.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque. Cheques should be made payable to your instructor.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle, except where you have caused that damage
10 FOR £99
10. 10 for £99 (sandwich course); this course is developed to both give value for money and as a way of ensuring the pupil is prepared for the driving test before taking it.
10.1 The course includes 10 hours for £99. This is not the first 10 hours. This is a “sandwich” course where the pupil does 5 hours within the first few weeks of driving, they then continue to learn with a Leanne’s learner driving instructor for a minimum of 20 hours. Once the pupil has reached an independent standard of driving, this means they need no help from the instructor; they are then entitled to 5 hours of test preparation, where instructors will simulate the test to better prepare themselves for the big day.
10.2 The sandwich course is designed for learners who have not driven before and learners who still require a minimum of 30 hours ADI instruction.
10.3 Test preparation to be taken within the two weeks prior to a confirmed practical driving test date
10.4 Lessons taken in the middle of the “sandwich” can take full advantage of other courses and or discounts we have on offer with the exception of the intensive course’s and/or any other course which states it is not available with the first time pass course.
For example the pupil may take the first time pass course with the 10 hour block bookings at £200 therefore paying just £20 per lesson average within the sandwich.
11. Where ten hour block booking payments have been made, with the exclusion of gift vouchers, the course must be completed within six months of the date payment was made.
12. Emergency test. If a pupil, who is currently not taking lessons with a Leanne’s learners instructor, wants to begin with lessons for a test which is booked within the next seven days for, which the pupil wants the instructor to supply the vehicle, all lessons will be charged at the emergency test rate of £25 per hour and a minimum of £50 will need to be paid up front to the instructor at the earliest convenience to the instructor.
12.1 Emergency test fees are non refundable. The acceptance of payment does not in any way confirm that a vehicle will be provided for the test, the vehicle will only be provided if the pupil can demonstrate that they are driving at the DSA test standard. The increased non refundable fees are due to the costs that the instructor may face in the cancellation or changing of other pupils lessons to accommodate the required lessons and or the test.
13. If you pay for a lesson on-line the delivery of your reference number will be electronic, via e-mail. You will need to keep your reference number to present to your instructor to show what payment you have made.
13.1. Payments made on-line are passed, minus admin and or banking fees, directly to your instructor and as such your contract is with that instructor. In the event that a refund is required you will need to apply to your instructor as if you had paid them directly. Please see our refund policy.
14. Gift Vouchers: The gift voucher is invalid if it has been tampered with or defaced.
14.1. Any gift vouchers purchased will be provided under the terms of the terms and conditions stated within this document and the purchaser will be responsible for ensuring the correct gift voucher is purchased and or that the purchaser will be responsible for ensuring the recipient understands such terms and conditions.
14.2. In the event that the purchaser has purchased a gift voucher which is not suitable or where the recipient of the said gift voucher will not be able to comply with the terms and conditions of the course purchased the recipient will be able to use the gift voucher for payment for other lessons or courses which are suitable for the gift voucher user. The gift voucher when used in such a way may be used as part or full payment up to the value of that paid for the voucher in the first instance: For example where a sandwich course has been purchased for a driver who is already competent; the first time pass course is designed for learners who have not driven before and learners who still require a minimum of 30 hours ADI instruction. If a voucher has incorrectly been purchased where the pupil, after an initial assessment on the first lesson requires less than the 30 hours then the voucher may be used as part or full payment for lessons or courses of lessons up to the value of that paid for the voucher in the first instance.
14.3 . Each gift voucher is valid for a maximum of Six months unless otherwise stated. A voucher will be deemed to be invalid if it is out of date (the validity date is clearly stated on the gift voucher). If the customer or recipient is unable to utilise the voucher before the expiry date, then upon the customer contacting Leanne’s learners Driving School prior to the expiry date on the voucher and paying an administration fee of £10 (if the course has increased in price they will also need to pay the difference in price and subject to instructor availability) the company shall issue a voucher extension cover letter granting an additional 6 months validity. Vouchers can not be exchanged or refunded. Vouchers can only be extended if they are still inside their expiry date. Leanne’s learners recommend that all lessons are booked as early as possible.
14.4. Where ten hour block booking gift vouchers have been purchased the course must be completed within six months of the date the voucher was presented to the instructor as payment. This does not effect the validity of the voucher as described in the previous paragraph.
14.5. If you have paid Leanne’s learners Driving School or have vouchers issued from Leanne’s learners Driving School, for any purpose, upon presentation of said voucher, or proof of purchase, to any Leanne’s learners Driving School franchised instructor the full value, minus any admin fees and banking fees, of that voucher or payment will be passed to that instructor. You will then enter directly into a contract with that instructor with the exception if any difficulties and or problems that may arise.
i.e. once you have started lessons with a Leanne’s learners instructor any monies paid to Leanne’s learners will be paid to the instructor and if you require any refunds then they must be claimed from the instructor. Please read our returns / cancellation and refund policy for full details.
15. All vouchers purchased will be dispatched by First Class Royal Mail at a cost of £1.95 unless otherwise stated. You may request Special Delivery for an additional charge. We will post within 5 days of receipt of payment. Earlier and faster processing is available upon request, however unless this is requested and confirmed before payment is made then we cannot guarantee earlier delivery and will not be liable for missing earlier deadlines. We cannot be held liable for any loss suffered as a result of mail being delayed.
Returns / Cancellation and Refund Policy
16. From Leanne’s learners Driving School: You have the right to return any vouchers within 7 days of receipt for a full refund. Refunds will also be made up to 28 days from date of receipt. All refunds made after 7 days and within 28 days of receipt will incur a £20 administration charge..
16.1. All refunds will be made to the person who purchased the voucher. All refunds are processed at month end and take between 5 and 10 working days to show in the purchaser’s account. To request a refund you MUST return your gift voucher via recorded delivery to Leanne’s learners Driving School. 58 Lightcliffe Road, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD45BD, along with a covering letter detailing the reason for your refund request.
Once you or your recipient has booked a lesson with a Leanne’s learners Driving School franchised instructor you are bound by the Terms and Conditions, as stated, regarding booked lessons and you deal directly with the instructor.
Booked or pre paid lessons
17. In addition to paragraph 3. Once you have booked a lesson with an instructor your contract is then with that instructor. Any lessons booked require 48 hours notice to cancel. If you cannot make a lesson for any reason then lessons times may be changed to a time later in the week subject to the instructor being available and at the discretion of the instructor however altered lessons cannot be cancelled or changed again. Any lesson cancelled or changed which contravenes this statement will be liable for full payment at the non discount charge of £22 per hour. In the event of non payment this charge may be deducted from any pre-paid monies.
18. If a course of lessons has been paid and the pupil does not wish to continue with the instructor the pupil may transfer to a different Leanne’s learners driving instructor, subject to availability, at no cost to the pupil. If the pupil decides to stop using the services of Leanne’s learners Driving School and all of its franchised instructors the pupil may apply for a refund for any lessons paid for but not taken. Any lessons taken on any such course will be charged at full single lesson price of £22 per hour, the remaining hours will be refunded. For example if a course of 10 lessons has been purchased at £200 and 2 hours have been taken before a refund applied for then a charge of £44 will be made for the lesson and the remaining £156 will be refunded.
19. If you have paid or had a lesson with a Leanne’s learners Driving School franchised instructor your contract is directly with that instructor and refunds, in the first instance, must be applied for from your instructor, if this is not possible you may apply to Leanne’s learners Driving School. 58 Lightcliffe Road, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD45BD along with a covering letter detailing the reason for your refund request. Leanne’s learners Driving School will then act on your behalf to obtain the refund from the instructor at no charge.
19.1 Refunds must be applied for within three months of payment or the last lesson booked, which was not cancelled by the pupil or on behalf of the pupil, which ever is the later date.
20. The easiest way to resolve any problems that you may experience is to speak to the instructor. They will ensure that any issues are rectified. If you are still not satisfied please send in details of your complaint to: Customer Services, Leanne’s learners Driving School. 58 Lightcliffe Road, Crosland moor, Huddersfield. HD45BD. Please remember that the instructor will have the opportunity to respond as well. Similarly, we would like to hear any positive feedback.
Information We Collect from You
Data can be collected and processed when our website is in operation by you. The following are approved methods of collection:
21.1.1. If you register for information or complete a purchase, by filling out a form we can collect the information provided.
21.1.2. Traffic data, weblogs, location data, and any other communication can be collected. These details come from your visit to our site and any resource tools you use while on the site.
21.1.3. Any communication on our website or to personnel allows us to collect information.
21.2. Circumstances may arise when we may need to gather information about your computer to help provide appropriate services or products to you. The data gathered is solely statistical data, which may be shared with advertisers.
The facts collected about you are statistical only. No identifying information will be shared about our visitors and how they made use of our site. No personal details will ever be shared.
Cookies are used to collect general online usage by using a cookie file. If used this cookie file is downloaded without prompting. It will be placed on your hard drive with information transferred to the hard drive allowing the cookies to be used for data collection. A cookie is used to improve any services/ products, or overall website characteristic we offer you.
Any computer has the option to decline cookies. Your web browser options include an “enable” button to decline cookies. It is imperative that you understand by declining cookies you may be limiting your access to sections of our website.
Use of Your Information
Information stored and collected about you allows us to improve our services or products for you. Added to this parameter, we may use your information for the following purposes:
21.3.1. Any commitment we make on a contracted basis.
21.3.2. If information is requested from our website concerning services or products offered, we may use your data. Products or services which may be of interest to you can also deem a communication from us, if permission has been granted.
21.3.3. Notification re- changes or improvements may be sent to you in regards to product or service changes that could affect our service to you.
21.3.4. Existing customers can be contacted on the topic of goods or services related to a previous sale, if we feel you might be interested in these additional topics.
21.3.5. Added use of your data may include permission for third parties to use your data. This permission would be granted by you in regards to unrelated products or services that may be in your interests. We or third parties can only contact you in regards to this information if consent has been provided for information collection.
21.3.6. Third party contact or communications from our website, as a new customer, is only made if you have granted us permission. These communications are only offered for information you consented to and no other unrelated information.
21.3.7. Data that you do not want us to use or third parties to use can be withheld, once consent has been given regarding our collection of your data. We will always provide you with an opportunity to decline communications and our or third party data usage.
21.3.8. Identifiable data, which could be used to disclose who you are, is never shared. We only provide statistical related data about our visitors to third parties like advertisers to ensure your privacy.
Storing Your Personal Data
21.4.2. Secured servers are used by our company to ensure proper data storage. Information on transactions is kept encrypted for safety measures.
21.4.3. Transmission of data on the internet can never be ultimately secure. We do not and cannot guarantee security of information collected electronically or transmitted; however, we take all necessary steps to provide the best security available. As a result of our inability to guarantee safety, you are submitting information to us at your own risk. Where needed a password may be necessary to access areas of our site. You are responsible for the safety and confidentiality of the password you generate.
Disclosing Your Information
21.5. Personal information to third parties may be disclosed:
21.5.1. This disclosure occurs when we sell all or a section of our business or assets to a third party.
18.104.22.168. Personal information can be offered to any member of our company, such as subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries only if deemed appropriate.
22.214.171.124. Legal requirements may mean a sharing of your information.
126.96.36.199. Lowering credit risk and fraud protection may result in information disclosure.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
21.7. The Data Protection Act 1998 was established to govern online electronic communications. The act gives you access to any data we have about you. To gain access to this information a small fee of £10 is needed. This fee allows us to process your request by covering our costs.
You may request details about the information we hold on you by post at: Leanne’s learners Driving School. 7 Roslyn Avenue, Netherton, Huddersfiled, HD4 7EW, along with a covering letter.